La pasta deve sposare il sugoThe pasta should marry the sauce. We can advise you on the ideal pasta shape for any sauce.
Spaghetti aglio e olio Recipie
Also known as ‘pasta della mezzanotte’ midnight pasta, this dish is much beloved of university students and late night gatherings. It is quick to make, simple and delicious.
- 150g fresh spaghetti per person
- 1 whole head garlic cloves (peeled and bruised)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dried chili flakes (optional)
- Bollire l’acqua Bring a large pot of water to the boil, when it is boiling add a handful of coarse sea salt
- Cucinare la pasta Cook the spaghetti in the boling water until ‘al dente’. Fresh pasta takes less time than dried pasta, about 3 mins but it does vary so test a strand for softness.
- Scolare la pasta strain the cooked spaghetti through a colander. Remember to keep some of the water, you will need it for the next step.
- Saltare la pasta this step is the key – heat a liberal amount of olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic cloves and fry till browned. Add the drained pasta and a little of the reserved water, this is so that the pasta does not dry out. Toss together over a high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Impiattare pour over more olive oil and sprinkle with chili flakes. Dish up and eat immediately.
The first step for a perfect plate of pasta is to choose your ingredients with an eye for quality.Gianni